Each PhD Student, coming to Doctoral Consortium, should submit a brief bio including information about your studies,
and publications if any, and an Extended Abstract of five A4 pages research
description covering central aspects of his/her PhD work. The key points include:
- Your situation, i.e., the university doctoral program context of your work.
- A clear formulation of the research question(s).
- A very short background/literature review of key works that frames your research.
- An identification of the significant problems in the field of the research.
- Research objectives/goals.
- A sketch of an applied research methodology (methods of data collection and analysis).
- The results to date and their validity.
- Current and expected contributions.
Please download a template to prepare your Extended Abstract.
The prepared summary will be made available for other participants of the Doctoral Consortium to allow
feedback and questions on the research. Since the goals of the DC include
building the community, participants will be expected to read all of the Extended Abstracts of your
colleagues prior to the beginning of the consortium with a goal of preparing careful and thoughtful critique.
Applicants should send the research proposal by email to Anita Juškevičienė (email@example.com) by November 16th, 2015. When submitting the applications,
please put "VU-DC-2015-<Last Name>" in the Subject line.
Local printing service
If you are interested in printing your poster in Lithuania, please prepare your final Poster file (preferably PDF, 300 dpi) and send it until December 4th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The price of A1 (594-841 mm) poster color print is 7 EUR. You can pay for the printing in cash and collect your printed poster at the Doctoral Consortium.
Please send any requests or questions regarding printing,
sending/uploading your file, etc., directly to email@example.com